The State Customs Service of Ukraine (SCSU) is an special central executive authority governing the customs. It was established in 1991 to direct, coordinate and control the customs and organisations ensuring compliance with the Ukrainian customs legislation.
The State Customs Service of Ukraine objective is the efficient execution of the following assignments:
– Fulfilment and compliance monitoring of the Ukrainian customs legislation;
– Economic defence of Ukraine;
– Provision of fulfilment of obligations pursuant to international customs treaties entered by Ukraine under current legislation;
– Support for intellectual property rights protection of participants of foreign economic activities, other entities and individuals;
– Application of tariff and non-tariff regulation under current legislation of goods moving across the customs border of Ukraine;
– Customs control and handling of goods and vehicles moving across the customs border of Ukraine, improvement of forms and methods thereof;
– Supervision on conformance to the rules for currency valuables movement across the customs border of Ukraine;
– Joint execution with other competent authorities of the actions aimed at goods consumer rights protection and adherence of the national interests at the foreign markets by participants of foreign economic activities;
– Creation of favourable environment to accelerate goods and passengers flow across the customs border of Ukraine;
– Counteracting smuggling and violation of customs rules;
– International co-operation development in customs area;
– Maintenance of the customs statistics;
– Maintenance of the Ukrainian goods and services in foreign economic activity;
– Verification (proof of authenticity) of the Certificates of origin for goods made in Ukraine.